In the interest of creating a safe and positive environment for all residents and guests, it is necessary to set conduct guidelines that all guests of The George Washington University must adhere to. By choosing to stay on either the Foggy Bottom campus or the Mount Vernon campus, guests agree to follow all rules and regulations set forth in the Residential Community Conduct Guidelines (RCCG).
Policy violations will result in:
- A warning for minor violations or
- Cancellation of Summer Housing License Agreement for serious and/or repeated minor violations. Cancellation of the Summer Housing License Agreement will result in removal from the residence hall or townhouse without reimbursement of any summer housing fees.
As defined in the Code, a GW student is “any currently enrolled person, full‐time or part‐time, or on continuous enrollment, pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or professional studies, whether or not in pursuit of a degree or of any form of certificate of completion.” The guidelines established in the Code, RCCG and the Summer Housing License Agreement apply to all individuals; however, only academic year GW students and non‐GW academic‐year student attending Summer 2015 courses are entitled to a disciplinary process. For all others, the University may take immediate possession of the room occupied by the Licensee for a violation of any terms of this Summer Housing License Agreement and without refund to the Licensee. Reports of violations of University policy received from the University Police Department, GW Housing staff, and/or any other GW Department are considered factual and accurate, and are the basis for decisions rendered for individual Licensees.
- Residential Community Conduct Guidelines (RCCG)
- Code of Student Conduct
- Threats and Acts of Violence Policy
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Policy
Broom Clean Policy
Please make sure to leave your room in a “broom clean” condition; an industry standard in residential facilities management. This means:
- all personal items have been removed from the room, bathroom, and the hallway outside your door;
- the refrigerator, microwave, oven and freezer have been emptied; and
- all trash has been disposed of properly.
Once you depart your room, it will be inspected and fees may be assessed and placed on your student account for the following:
- not leaving the room in broom clean condition
- not returning your key
- missing CATV boxes and remotes